Scroll down for episodes of the Shawl Saturday vlog.
Living in Scotland the changeable weather is often described as being like “four seasons in one day” and I’ve also heard it said that “If you don’t like the weather in Scotland, wait half an hour and it’ll change!”
On the East Coast of Scotland, while we often experience that infamous 24 hours of multi-seasonal weather, it’s not to say that we don’t also have four very distinct seasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter, and that in addition to their meteorological differences, each has its own definite traditional characteristics and cultural associations. Spring is the season of regrowth in nature, of spring cleaning, May Day and the Easter bunny; Summer is often holiday time – beaches, relaxing and spending time outdoors (albeit with a woolly jumper safely packed just in case!); Autumn is the season of shortening day-light, preparing for hibernation, and the cosiness that comes with wearing heavier Autumal clothes and jumpers, festivals of light and harvest; Winter is a season of waiting for the light to return, of spending time indoors or well wrapped-up outside and is punctuated by various festivals to brighten up the darkness.
Join me for a knitting adventure through these four seasons with a membership of the Shawl Saturday Series 2019, but don’t worry, we’ll have slightly longer than 24 hours to knit these beautiful shawls in!
The series features a shawl for each season: discover a spring-time shawl fresh in design and colour, giving you just enough warmth for those crisp spring days; a simple summer shawl, ideal for the beach, lake or pool; a rich and cosy shawl for autumn, perfect for hibernating in; and lastly, a winter shawl, made with pops of colour to brighten up the dark days.
Each pattern will also be accompanied by a beautifully hand-illustrated explanation of the design’s inspiration, the development of the pattern and the ideas behind the construction. Think of it as a written and drawn form of my Shawl Saturday Vlog to complement each shawl and for you to keep alongside your pattern.
Wherever you live in the world, the seasons will mean something different for you. Although I have designed the series around the four seasons of the Northern Hemisphere (and in particular Scotland), those of you who live in the Southern Hemisphere or somewhere with more/less seasons, I hope that you will feel free to knit the shawls in an alternative fibre to suit your ‘season’. The designs will still look beautiful and be lovely to wear, and remind you of that particular ‘season’ in the place that you call home.
-Here’s the low-down on SSS19-
- Membership of The Shawl Saturday Series 2019 gives you access to a stunning collection of four beautiful shawl patterns, one for each season, released in March, June, September and December
- the patterns will be exclusive to members until the series finishes and will only be available as an ebook collection
- membership will be available at a special Early Bird price for a short time only in my Ravelry Store
- at £10.00 (plus VAT/sales tax, depending on where you live), the Early Bird price works out at over a third cheaper than buying four patterns individually
- the early bird price finishes at 5pm GMT 15/03/19 and the regular price will be £13.00 (+ VAT/sales tax)
- all four shawls are designed with 4ply/fingering-weight yarn, and some will be suitable for using up leftover yarn or half-skeins – perfect for shopping from your yarn collection!
- before each shawl is released, I’ll send you some secret yarn information to help you choose and give you some inspiration if you’re looking to make a yarny purchase!
- each pattern will also be accompanied with an appealing sheet of hand-illustrated “Shawl Inspiration Notes” giving you lots of exclusive behind-the-scenes information about how the design came about
- these knitting patterns will be suitable for confident beginners upwards (with a chance to build upon skills as we progress) and there’ll be plenty of tips and help along the way too
- all the patterns have been professionally edited and where relevant, the patterns will contain charts alongside the corresponding written instructions
SHAWL SATURDAY VLOG
Shawl Saturday is a brand new vlog series. Each episode will showcase a different one of my shawl designs. I’ll talk through my design process, share swatches and sketches, and explain the construction of each shawl. If you’ve ever wondered how a shawl design comes about, then Shawl Saturday is for you!
Plus, in each episode I’ll share a special coupon code to bag you a discount off that episode’s featured shawl for a limited period. Enjoy x